Water beads play set
A little bit of this makes for a lot of sensory fun! Just take a small amount of the dried beads, add water, watch them grow (a fascinating activity in itself!), then soon your children can have ton of fun swishing, scooping, and pouring these colorful water beads. Children will enjoy scooping and pouring these water beads using a variety of spoons and cups, or watching them roll down slides (included here!). The colorful beads are also great for teaching colors and counting. Older children may enjoy some pretend play with this, such as making ice cream or popcorn by picking out desired colors.
This play set has all you need to start having fun with water beads. It comes with:
- Water beads rainbow mix 100g, from Jelly Beadz, a reputable US company providing high quality child-safe water beads. Read reviews and compare price here. [usually $9]
- Sturdy plastic box with cover that is used both as the play pit as well as for storage - two size options:
- LARGE box (L46cm x W38cm x H17cm) [usually $12] - Recommended size
- MEDIUM box (L40cm x W32cm x H15cm) [usually $10] - Space saving, sufficient for 1 to 2 children
- Learning Resources Handy Scooper [usually $8]
- 2 foam slides that can be attached to the box sides or cover [usually $6]
- Durable bowl and spoon
- Clear tall plastic tumbler
Composition and safety:
These water beads are made of sodium polyacrylate. They are non-toxic, colorfast and biodegradable. Young children can play with this once they stop putting everything in their mouths. Adult supervision is required at all times for children under age 3.
Use and storage:
100g (3.5oz) is about 6 tablespoons of dried beads, which makes over 10 litres of hydrated beads. 1 tablespoon makes about 2 litres, hence 2 to 3 tablespoons is enough for play in most regular storage tubs. Store in sealed container (included) to keep clean and dust-free. The water beads will dry up over time and can be reused. Recommend to rinse the water beads before each use.