Ocean water beads play set
Transport your child to the magical sea world and engage his senses as he explores with this ocean-themed water bead play set. The water beads in different shades of blue, turquoise, clear and white create the perfect picture of the great blue ocean, while the ocean animal figurines liven up the scene as children move them around, add sounds etc. The set also includes a beautiful (real) large seashell that can be used to scoop the water beads, as well as a nice mixture of smaller seashells which are great for a little hide and seek game in the ocean.
There a many variations possible for play: the water bead ocean can be played "wetter" or "drier" for a different feel by adjusting the level of water in the tub. For even more realism, you can add some small pebbles (not included in this set, available here) to create a little rocky beach (see last picture) or an island or the ocean bed at the bottom of the tub.
This play set includes:
- Water beads ocean mix 100g, from Jelly Beadz, a reputable US company providing high quality child-safe water beads [usually $9]
- Sturdy plastic box with cover that is used both as the play pit as well as for storage - two size options:
- LARGE box (L46cm x W38cm x H17cm) [usually $12] - Recommended size
- MEDIUM box (L40cm x W32cm x H15cm) [usually $10] - Space saving, sufficient for 1 to 2 children
- High-quality 12 piece ocean life set comprising a shark, a killer whale, a sea turtle, an octopus, a starfish, 5 fishes, 2 seaweed [usually $15]
- Seashell mix comprising 1 large seashell that can be used as a scoop, and 50g (~25) mixed small seashells [usually $6]
- Tall clear plastic tumbler
- Laminated idea sheets for water beads and ocean sensory play
Composition and safety:
These water beads are made of sodium polyacrylate. They are non-toxic, colorfast and biodegradable. Young children can play with this once they stop putting everything in their mouths. Adult supervision is required at all times for children under age 3.
Use and storage:
100g (3.5oz) is about 6 tablespoons of dried beads, or over 10 litres of hydrated beads. 1 tablespoon makes about 2 litres of hydrated beads, hence 2 to 3 tablespoons is enough for play in most regular storage tubs. Store in sealed container (included) to keep clean and dust-free. The water beads will dry up over time and can be reused. Recommend to rinse the water beads before each use.